In the early 1970s, The Woman’s Community Club of Uwchlan held a Fall Festival with pony rides, dried flowers, crafts, white elephant, baked goods and more. Husbands helped with blacksmith demonstrations and cooking apple butter that could be smelled for miles around. Funds raised helped with the cost of early renovations to the 1756 Uwchlan Meeting House.
Members of the club realized that a small group of women, no matter how hard working and dedicated, could not alone raise enough money to ever put on a much needed roof. So, by their efforts, the Uwchlan Conservation Trust was formed – an organization of concerned, local men and women. In November, 1976, the Club sold the building to the Trust.